weight

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Land of a thousand... 5ks?

520 calories burned, 2 hours, and 5 miles.
Getting to the 100s has been a lot harder than I anticipated.  Between getting sick and the husband being home for a long weekend and bringing a thousand things of junk food in the house, I have not lost anything else.  Of course, I have not gained anything else either.  My exercise and steps were down over the weekend, but I am back and raring to go.  I managed to do a lot on the treadmill a few days ago; see the photo?  That is a lot in one session for me.  I was watching Hoarders, and decided to just keep going.  I was super happy with how my day turned out.  Today was not as good but I still logged over 10,000 steps and did 2 miles on the treadmill.  My left hamstring is bothering me again, so I decided to take it a little easier.  I am hoping I can stretch it out a little and maybe start running off and on again soon.  I would love to be able to go for more runs with the man.

For a while now I have been really attracted to the 5k distance.  It seems like just a good "race" length to start out with and I really want to start doing more races and walks and runs.  I have been super impressed with Mandy's drive to get up and move on the treadmill lately too.  Today she got on it again, on her own accord, and the next thing I know, she was almost to a 5k.  She decided that she was so close she would just keep going.  It was awesome.  Maybe I can make a runner out of her yet.  Or maybe not, but either way, I am glad to see she is working on it.
I would love to do the Gritty Goddess run in Galveston later this year, as well as the Renaissance Run, and the PCOS walk/run again, but I would love to RUN it this time, or at least walk it much much faster.  I must start looking for things to walk and run for soon. 

We went and picked up my first freebee from FitStudio this last weekend as well.  I totally love my pants.  In a day or two I will take a photo and do a review on them.  I do wish they had an XL, but the L fits okay, if a little snug in the waist.  More on that later.  Mandy has ordered her first freebee too, and I cannot wait to go pick it up.  My next one will be amazing- I already have my eye on it and I am already half way to the points I need.

Nothing much new going on around here otherwise.  I am just getting ready for a few work things.  Aside from that, just trucking along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment